INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. You may voluntarily provide us with information, including:
o Your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, profile name, profile photo, picture, height, weight, occupation, physical characteristics, ethnicity, personal interests, relationships and preferences, whether part of the POZ (HIV positive) community, residence information, listing address and details for residential and other properties, rooms, accommodations, travel plans and information, third party social networking or other service user names, payment card numbers and other payment information, and a profile name and password that you create to register to use the Service;
o Information you provide when you contact or otherwise interact with us or a third party (for example, regarding support or employment opportunities and participating in surveys); and
o Any other information you voluntarily provide us with in connection with your registering and using the Service.
While you may voluntarily provide us with sensitive information about yourself such as your gender identity, ethnicity, personal interests, relationships and preferences, health details and whether part of the POZ (HIV positive) community (for example, in creating or updating your profile), there is no requirement to do so. Where you choose to provide us with such sensitive information, you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your information.
2. We automatically collect other information about you, including:
o An identifier that is unique to the device on which you install the App and some device identifiers may be persistent device identifiers, as well as certain software and hardware information about your device;
o Operating system;
o Browser type;
o Mobile network information;
o The model and serial number of your mobile device;
o Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
o Domain name of your Internet service provider;
o The Service pages that you visit and the date and time of your visits;
o Information regarding your access to and use of the App;
o Aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you visit or use the Service;
o A history of your prior geographic locations; and
o Your current geographic location.
We ask for your consent to access your geographic location information. If you allow such access, we collect your geographic location to determine your distance from other users through GPS, Wi-Fi and/or cellular technology in your mobile device. You may change such access to geographic location information via the settings on your mobile device. Your last known geographic location can be stored for the purpose of calculating your distance from other users. If you do not allow such access, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Service. Prior to your installation of the App, we may have already collected information about the other apps that you have used via our advertising partners or other third parties.
3. We can collect information about you from:
o third party social networking services;
o publicly accessible sources;
o our affiliates; and
o our third party service providers and other partners.
5. We can supplement any of the information we collect from or about you with other information.
Please see How We Can Use Your Information, How We Can Disclose Your Information, Your Choices Regarding Your Information, Your Rights and Retention below.
HOW WE CAN USE YOUR INFORMATION
We can use the information that we collect for the following purposes, subject to applicable law, including:
Please see How We Can Disclose Your Information, Your Choices Regarding Your Information, Your Rights and Retention below.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We store the information that we collect on our systems. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the Website is hosted on our systems in the United States. Therefore, your information can be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. By using the Service, you understand that your information can be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
HOW WE CAN DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
1. Profile. The name and profile of a user of the Service, as well as other information relating to the use of the Service (such as geographic location information which can include any or all of the following - GPS coordinates; listing address and details for residential and other properties; travel plans; and trip information); and online status, may be visible to other users. DO NOT INCLUDE INFORMATION IN YOUR PROFILE AND OTHERWISE PROVIDE INFORMATION WHEN USING THE SERVICE THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP PRIVATE (FOR EXAMPLE, GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION AND TRAVEL PLANS AND INFORMATION). App users can use the search feature in the App to search for other users by different profile criteria, like profile name, age, height, weight, geographic location, physical characteristics, ethnicity, personal interests, relationships or preferences or residence information. Your profile information will be used for these searches. The App user interface may include a feature to make certain items of profile information non-public. However, even if you choose to make non-public certain items of your profile information or other information if and as permitted by the user interface, sophisticated users who use the App in an unauthorized manner may nevertheless be able to obtain this information. Please see Information We Collect above.
2. User Submissions. A user of the Service can voluntarily provide information, content and materials (such as pictures, reviews, ratings, ideas, notes, concepts, creative suggestions or questions) from themself and other users ("User Submissions") to the Service. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security or use of information you voluntarily include when providing User Submissions. Before submitting content, please read our TOS and Profile Guidelines carefully.
We reserve the right to remove any such content for any reason or no reason, including without limitation if in our sole opinion such information or material violates, or may violate, any applicable law or our TOS or Profile Guidelines or to protect or defend our rights or property or those of any third party. We also reserve the right to remove information upon the request of any third party.
3. Distance Information. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN YOU USE THE APP, AS A DEFAULT, INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR DISTANCE FROM OTHER USERS IS PUBLIC AND OTHER USERS OF THE APP CAN SEE THIS INFORMATION WITHIN YOUR PROFILE. App users can use the search feature in the App to search for other users by distance. Information about your distance from other users will be used for these searches. This information is public, but the App may include a feature to hide or change the accuracy of this information. However, even if you choose to hide the display of this information, sophisticated users who use the App in an unauthorized manner may nevertheless be able to determine your geographic location. Please see Information We Collect above.
4. Geographic Location Information. The geographic location of a user of the Service, as well as other information relating to the use of the Service (such as age, demographic data regarding advertising and content of questions that you ask as more particularly described in our TOS) can be disclosed to third parties. The geographic location of a user of the Service can be used to determine which services, disclosures, features, content and information will be available to you and certain services, disclosures, features and content and information made available through the Service may only be available to users in certain geographic locations. Please see Information We Collect above.
5. Third Party Service Providers and Other Partners. We can use third party service providers and other partners to provide the Service or to perform functions in connection with the Service, including without limitation, monitoring compliance by users with and enforcement of our Profile Guidelines. We can share information about you that they need to perform their functions (for example, customer support and payment card and other payment processing). For example, we share your device identifier and demographic information with our advertising display and analytics partners. Our advertising display partners can use this information to run advertising campaigns on third party websites and mobile applications. We can share your geographic location information and any other information that we collect or that you provide in connection with your use of the Service and any other information derived from or based upon the foregoing information with third parties, including without limitation, our natural language platform providers, software developers, third party specialists, educators and health care providers for any reason. Third parties can also collect information directly from you and about you from third party sources (including without limitation, third party mobile applications). Please see Information We Collect above.
6. Third Parties for Their Promotional Purposes. We can share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
7. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, divestiture, joint venture, securities offering, financing, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we can share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith and it can be used subsequently by such third party or parties.
9. Investigations and Law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we can disclose information about you to third parties to:
o Enforce or apply our TOS or Profile Guidelines.
o Comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement agencies or officials or private parties, including laws outside of your country of residence.
o To resolve disputes.
o Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims. Protect against legal liability.
o To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of our TOS, Profile Guidelines, policies or agreements or as otherwise required by law.
o Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of users or others.
10. Aggregated or De-identified Information. We can share aggregated or de-identified information (for example, to outside researchers) relating to visitors to and users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties for any purpose.
11. Service Analysis. We or a third party can analyze how you use the Service and can analyze the Service.
13. For Any Other Purpose Disclosed by Us. For any other purpose we describe to you at the time you provide your information.
14. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES; DO NOT TRACK
1. Cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer’s browser. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Service.
o Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s or user’s computer after the browser has been closed.
o Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s or user’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s or user’s computer when they close the browser software.
2. Web Beacons. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
3. Persistent Device Identifiers. Persistent device identifiers are unique strings that are associated with the mobile device that you use to connect to the Service. Persistent device identifiers can be modified or disabled by sophisticated users.
4. Advertising Identifiers. Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device provided by the operating system. Advertising identifiers can be modified or disabled by users in the operating system settings. Please see Do Not Track below for more information about how to configure these settings.
Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Service.
Below are links to resources for opting out of different types of online tracking and targeting.
Ads appearing on the Service can be delivered to users by our advertising partners, who can set cookies, persistent device identifiers and advertising identifiers. These cookies, persistent device identifiers and advertising identifiers allow the ad server to recognize your computer or mobile device each time they send you an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your computer or mobile device. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. For information about how to opt out of receiving behavioral advertisements from our advertising partners, please visit https://networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed.
To opt-out of ads shown by Google AdMob within the App, please visit https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/html/mobile-about.html.
To opt-out of MoPub's use of data for interest-based advertising, please visit https://www.mopub.com/legal/mopub-ads-privacy-policy and https://dev.twitter.com/mopub/ui/opting-out-interest-based-advertising.
To opt-out of Smaato's use of data for interest-based advertising, please visit https://www.smaato.com/privacy/.
To opt-out of AppNexus's use of data for interest-based advertising, please visit https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy#choices.
To opt-out of Microsoft pubCenter's use of data for interest-based advertising, please visit https://choice.microsoft.com/en-US.
If you are using the App on an Apple iOS device, Apple Inc.’s iAd network states that users can opt out of behavioral advertising by visiting https://oo.apple.com from your iOS device.
To opt-out of targeted ads shown by MFC Benevolads, please submit a support request with the reason of "BenevolAds" and a subject of "Benevolads Opt-Out".
6. Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to "do not track" signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party Internet services.
Mobile devices provide the ability for users to enable a "do not track" setting that disables your advertising identifier. If the “do not track” setting is disabled, we can record when a user installs the App, and whether or not this action was the result of a tap on an ad outside of the App. We can also run targeted advertising on third party applications via our advertising display partners. For users who have enabled the "do not track" setting on their mobile device, this data will not be collected. Please note that the “do not track” setting may not be available on all operating systems or versions of the App. To enable the "do not track" setting, contact us. We may update these instructions periodically as new information becomes available from mobile device operating system manufacturers.
Although we use administrative, technical and physical measures to help protect the information you submit via the Service from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email or mobile application transmission or method of electronic storage is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other communications sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices regarding your information on the Service.
1. Changing Your Information and Privacy Settings. You can make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information, by editing your profile in the App or by requesting deletion of your personal information by contacting us.
2. Email Communications. When you receive promotional email communications from us, you can indicate a preference to stop receiving promotional email communications from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in a promotional email communication from us. However, we can send you email communications relating to the Service.
3. Push Notifications. You can at any time request opt out from further allowing us to send you push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
4. Withdrawing Consent. You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time by contacting us.
6. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track above.
7. Your Rights. Please see Your Rights and Retention below.
1. European Union Rights. The following rights apply in certain circumstances only to individuals in the European Union.
o To request confirmation of whether or not we process your personal information, details of the information that we hold about you and how we use it and to access your personal information and to be provided with a copy, please submit a support request.
o To request rectification of your personal information: if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you can request that we correct it and can also request us to complete personal information about you which is incomplete by submitting a support request.
o To request deletion of your personal information on one of the following grounds, please contact us.
§ you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information;
§ we are processing your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
§ where our processing of your personal information is for direct marketing purposes and you object to such processing;
§ you have provided your personal information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal information; or
§ you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
o To request that we restrict processing of your personal information on one of the following grounds, please submit a support request.
§ where you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
§ we want to delete your personal information as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
§ we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
§ where you have objected to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
o To request to object to our processing of your personal information where it is based on our legitimate interests or where such processing is for direct marketing purposes, please submit a support request.
o Data portability: to request to directly receive the personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where the processing is based either on consent or on the performance of a contract, and the processing is carried out by automated means, please contact us.
o To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in an applicable European Union country if your request or inquiry is not satisfactorily resolved by us after submitting a support request.
2. Processing. We process the information of individuals in the European Union based on one or more of the following legal bases:
o Performance of a contract: we or a third party process your information to perform the contract that you have with us (for example, providing the Service to you).
o Legitimate interests: we or a third party can use your information where we or such third party have legitimate interests to do so (for example, analyzing users’ behavior on the Service to improve our offerings and processing information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes).
o We can ask for your consent to use your information for specific purposes. You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time by submitting a support request.
o Legal obligation: we may be required to use your information to comply with a legal obligation (for example, complying with law, in response to legal process or cooperating with government or law enforcement agencies or officials or private parties).
o The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others (for example, processing personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement agencies in case of threats to the safety of users or of others).
3. Cross-Border Transfers. For transfer of your personal information from the European Economic Area to countries that are not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, including standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
We also participate in the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland, respectively. We have certified with the U.S. Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. If you have any inquiries or complaints about our handling of your personal information under Privacy Shield, or about our privacy practices generally, please submit a support request. We have further committed to cooperate and comply with the panel of European Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) in the resolution of any Privacy Shield complaints we do not otherwise satisfactorily address with you directly. Under certain conditions, as more fully described at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you can pursue binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
o the types of personal information we collect,
o the purposes for collection and use of such personal information,
o the types of third parties to which we can provide personal information and the purposes for which we can do so; and
o the right of individuals to access their personal information and the choices and means we offer individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their personal data.
If we transfer personal information received under the Privacy Shield to a third party, the third party's access, use and disclosure of the personal data must also be in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Please see our Privacy Shield registration at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Please see How We Can Use Your Information, Where We Store Your Information, How We Can Disclose Your Information and Your Choices Regarding Your Information above and Retention below.
If you have elected to receive email communications from us, we retain information about your email preferences until you opt out of receiving these email communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we use your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In certain circumstances, we can de-identify your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal information.
Please also see Your Choices Regarding Your Information and Your Rights above.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not access, use, or submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately by submitting a support request.